Wednesday, February 15, 2012

2012 Planting List

I just ordered my seeds for the year! Here is my planting list for this year:

Vegetables
  1. Green Beans (Blue Lake, bush type)
  2. Peas (Sugar Lace)
  3. Tomato (Costoluto Genovese and a container hybrid)
  4. Jalapenos
  5. Bell Peppers
  6. Yellow Squash (Enterprise Hybrid)
  7. Lettuce
  8. Mustard Greens
Herbs
  1. Basil (Mrs. Burn's Lemon)
  2. Red Leaved Perilla
  3. Dill
  4. Rosemary (this is last year's plant that I've - so far - successfully overwintered in the living room!)
I will probably also grow some type of mint and sage.

Flowers
  1. Sunflowers (my mother-in-law gave me about half a pound of seeds last fall....I have plenty to share!!)
  2. Nasturtium (Whirlybird Mix)
  3. Daffodils (these are already in the ground and beginning to sprout)
  4. Cleomi
  5. Marigold (Inca II Hybrid Mix)
Lastly, I found a self-pollinating, dwarf blueberry bush that can be grown in a container called Sunshine Blue. My plan is to plant it in a large container and sink said container into the ground. That way, when my husband and I decide it's time to move, I can pull up the pot and go!

In other news, my landlord approved my request to put in an in-ground garden/more garden boxes! Hooray!!

What are you planting this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment