I have a couple of goals for the garden this year, and while I'll be plenty busy with school in the spring months, I'm confident that I can make these happen. Here are some of my garden goals for the new year:
- Use more heirloom and open-pollinated seeds
- At the end of the season, save those heirloom seeds for next year!
- Use up old seeds from years past
- More freezing and canning. I froze a lot of green beans, and a few tomatoes after stewing them, but that was as far as it went.
- Plant more mosquito-repelling herbs and flowers
- Plant more bee and butterfly-attracting herbs and flowers
- Find some new recipes to use more of the harvest
- Get some more grass growing in the backyard
Those are some hefty goals, but I think they will make a big difference in my family's lifestyle and budget. Do you set goals for your garden regarding output, use, or environmental impact? I'd love to hear about them!