Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Some New Additions

I made it out to the local nursery yesterday hoping to find some strawberry plants. No such luck, but I did find a few new (plant) friends!

I went in with a budget (and a Groupon). Here's what I came out with:


I suppose it doesn't look like a whole lot when you put it in one picture, but on the left are two ivy geraniums. They should eventually trail a little bit, and I planted some marigold seeds around them that will (hopefully) fill out the picture and give some nice color contrast.

Also (and I'm really excited about this one), I found a pink hydrangea! I went back and forth about this one for a while, knowing how big hydrangeas can get and how much water they need. The guy at the nursery said I should be able to keep it in the pot for a couple years before it will get root bound. I also made sure to get a smaller variety (Hydrangea macrophylla 'Berner, or "Let's Dance" Big Easy, is only supposed to get 2-3 feet tall). Hopefully I'll have some pretty pink blooms this summer!

Since I didn't find my strawberries at the garden center, I made a stop at the Depot on my way home for some potting soil, a big pot (for my new hydrangea friend) and a couple of strawberry plants.

What about you....any new additions in your garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment