Friday, March 9, 2012

Red Leaved Perilla

I decided to try a grand experiment this year. Well, maybe not so grand, but hopefully an interesting one. I decided to grow perilla in my garden.

This is an herb used in a lot of different Asian cuisines. I'm not sure exactly what it is going to taste like (it was suggested that I soak one of the seeds in water and then drink the water to get a sense of the flavor), but I hear tell they go great with tomatoes. I've planted a few seeds in a container, so we'll see what happens!

Speaking of containers, I think I'm going to have to find some way of making markers to show what I've put where. I've got enough stuff going now that I can mostly remember, but I'd rather be on the safe side and avoid my strawberries planted in the same spot I had sowed a ton of swiss chard seed (no strawberries for me).

Do you use markers in your garden? How do you remember what was planted where?

No comments:

Post a Comment