Sunday, January 13, 2013

Jewelry Organization....My Pride and Shame

I have a jewelry issue. As in, I have a LOT of it. Between stuff I have bought, made, been given, and the vintage jewelry I inherited from my grandmother and great grandmother, let's just say that my jewelry collection can get a little unwieldy if not properly organized, and I'm still searching for a good system. Right now, I have my most worn pieces in various boxes on my dresser, more in my dresser, and still more in boxes in the top of my closet.

I realize this is an issue that many women would love to have, and I'm certainly not complaining about having seemingly endless choices. The problem is, until just the other day, the top of my dresser looked like this...



Yikes.

Obviously whatever I've been doing isn't working, so I decided it was high time to do something about it.

I started by pulling everything off the top of my dresser and dusting. I went through the jewelry and pulled out damaged pieces or pieces that I don't wear or don't like very much. Those went into my "donate" bag. I found places for the makeup bags (in the dresser) as well as some of my less favorite boxes. I need to find a larger jewelry box that will hold most of my necklaces so I can get rid of my less favorite boxes altogether.With that done, I was left with this.


Much better right?

I also decided to use a tall skinny vase to stack my bracelets.


So how do you organize your jewelry collection (or any other collection, for that matter)? Any ideas on good places to find larger jewelry boxes?

No comments:

Post a Comment